Friday, February 8

Personal Investigations

You will complete a Personal Investigation every term. The deadline is the first day of the following term. Here is the process:

1. Decide your topic
2. Write an investigation question
3. Email your investigation topic to TC by the end of Week Three
4. Decide how you will present it
5. Do your research
6. Carry out your presentation
7. Present your investigation to Room 13
8. Get feedback from Q Zealanders
9. Fill in self assessment sheet and insert into your Portfolio

You need to choose a topic which interests you – here are some previous ones:
  • How can I invent a new game?
  • What techniques did Vincent van Gogh use?
  • How can I make a beer powered radio?
  • How can I learn to do swing bowling?
  • How can I choreograph a dance?
  • How can I write some music?
  • How can I design a new airliner?
  • What are some of the buildings in Scotland?
  • How did Henry VIII’s wives die?
  • How can I learn to draw a face?
  • Can I make a digital game?
  • How can I make a papier mache horse?
  • How can I make a wooden box to store our sports gear?
  • How can I build a model of the Eiffel Tower?
  • How can I design a new kitchen?
  • How can I design a new icecream flavour?
  • How is a swimming pool kept clean?
  • What is the Chinese Zodiac?
  • How can I build a wind turbine?
  • How are igloos built?
  • How can I raise funds to buy a water pump for a village in Africa?
  • How can I build a hedghog shelter?
  • How can I make a sweatshirt?
  • How can I make a skateboard / scooter?
  • How can I build a volcano model?

Presentation methods must all include a talk and should demonstrate what research was done. Here are some options (but not the only ones):

  • A booklet
  • A poster
  • A speech
  • A demonstration
  • A PowerPoint
  • A model
  • A blog
  • A game
  • A dance
  • Whatever it is you have designed and made
  • A song...

So get started now. Begin with any topic you are interested in. Not completing an investigation is not an option!

No comments: